This month I wanted to share with you a quick round-up of some highly effective marketing resources that I use to help build my business. This collection of tools and tips all come at an attractive price—free!
- Still struggling with email marketing? Create a strong communications channel to your prospects and clients with Mail Chimp. Building lists and creating campaigns with Mail Chimp is relatively easy, and generally doesn’t require any technical knowledge. Plus, Mail Chimp just rolled out the most generous free account benefits in the industry, giving you the ability to build a list of up to 2,000 subscribers and send up to 12,000 emails per month at absolutely no charge.
- Perhaps you’ve been considering launching your marketing on a full-fledged customer relationship management (CRM) system, but have been too confused by all of the jargon or intimidated by the admittedly steep learning curve. Well, software provider Infusionsoft has a great free book that details in plain English how CRM can help you grow your business and what it takes to implement a system. Whether you are considering Infusionsoft or another provider, this book gives a great overview of the benefits and process of creating and managing a CRM system! [Editor’s note: FPA members can also check out the FPA-ActiFi CRM report here.]
- Leverage social media better. Quickly assess the top things financial advisers are talking about, and then join in on the conversation. Too busy for Twitter? Advisor Tweets aggregates the Twitter feeds from about 500 highly active financial planners into one easy-to-digest presentation. If you’re looking for the top social news stories of the day, visit Tip’d to read the latest on personal finance and investing.
- Learn from the experts. I make sure to check in each week on the latest strategies, tips and case studies from some of the best marketing bloggers in the financial services industry. Kristen Luke always offers actionable advice on how to more effectively and efficiently execute key marketing tactics. Looking for ways to communicate more effectively? Try Susan Weiner’s great blog on Investment Writing, and visit Investius to learn about innovative ways financial advisers are incorporating video into their marketing plans.
- Finally, if you’re looking to break out of tired old financial planner marketing strategies, I’ve put a series of free marketing videos online that show you a different and often vastly more successful approach that you can take to building your practice.
Kristin Harad, CFP®
Next 10 Clients
San Francisco, CA